A diamond is a valuable investment, so if you are planning to purchase a diamond to remember an important milestone in life, you should know where to look for reliable diamond dealers in Dallas, TX.
It can be scary to trust diamond dealers who will be honest in helping you choose the best diamond with the best value for your money. To make this less overwhelming for you, we gathered essential information to help you with selecting a diamond dealer in Dallas, TX.
How Do You Find a Reputable Diamond Dealer?
Let’s look at what you should consider the most when you are scouting for a reputable diamond dealer in Dallas.
Check out the customer reviews and testimonials of a diamond dealer before you decide if they can be trusted with a diamond transaction and purchase. Another plus for reputation is if they have a reputable online presence.
Now that digital marketing is the thing for businesses, you can see reputable diamond dealers online that are mostly mentioned and are in the top results when you search for reputable diamond dealers.
2. Quality of Diamonds They Sell
Browse through the inventory of a diamond dealer to have a look at the selection of diamonds that you can choose from. A trusted diamond dealer should only sell diamonds that are AGS- or GIA-certified. If there are no certifications for their diamonds, it’s time to run.
3. Competitive Pricing
You can compare the prices of identical diamonds between any 3 diamond dealers to get an idea if a diamond is over-priced or sold at a surprisingly very cheap price. This way, you will know if you are overpaying for a diamond or if the diamond is not authentic.
4. 4 C’s
The color, cut, clarity, and carat of a diamond should be explained in detail to you when you purchase a diamond. If they cannot answer your inquiries about these very important aspects of a diamond, they might not know what they are selling. These aspects determine the price and quality of a diamond and the basis of whether a diamond is worth the money you are going to spend.
5. Certified Gemologist
Only a certified gemologist of a diamond store can provide you with complete details about the diamond you are planning to purchase.
6. Return Policies
You can trust a diamond dealer who provides a clear and written return policy for a diamond purchase.
Best Places to Find Diamond Dealers
There are typically two ways you can purchase a diamond. First, you can visit a physical store that sells diamonds. Second, you can search for diamond dealers online. There are diamond dealers who have both online and offline stores.
Questions to Ask About Your Diamond Dealer
The Gemological Institute of America, the organization that focuses on research and education of gemstones to protect customers, listed these 5 questions that you should ask your jeweler before buying a diamond:
- May I see a selection of diamonds to compare?
- Can you tell me how the diamond grades against the 4C’s?
- May I have a grading report for this diamond?
- How can I protect my investment?
- How can I take care of the diamond?
Remember that purchasing a diamond is a purchase of a lifetime, so make sure that your diamond dealer is able to thoroughly and honestly answer these questions before you can trust them enough to purchase a diamond from them.
6 Places to Find Diamond Dealers
Here’s a list of the most reputable diamond dealers in Dallas, TX where you can buy authentic diamond pieces and diamond jewelry:
- Diamond Treasures – accredited and rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau offers finished and custom jewelry
- Aura Diamonds Dallas – has been in the diamond industry for 29 years offering a great selection of fine jewelry and gemstones
- Shira Diamonds – offer a curated collection of hand-selected diamonds and custom-made jewelry
- Allie-Coosh – offers statement jewelry featured in several well-known publications
- Diamond and Gold Warehouse, Inc. – offers wholesale loose diamonds and a selection of diamond jewelry
- The Diamond Broker – offers direct broker price of diamonds serving in Dallas for over 25 years
These diamond dealers are rated as the best local experts in diamond jewelry. They were analyzed and hand-picked according to selection criteria which include availability, qualifications, reputation, experience, and professionalism.