The Lamplighter in New Ulm is Closed After a Fire broke out in the kitchen

After a fire broke out at its kitchen, the Lamplighter Bar & Grill is now closed in New Ulm. After a person noticed smoke coming from behind the building, the fire department was called at 12 :49 AM. The crew arrived on the scene 45 minutes later and was able to get the blaze under control. Luckily, no one was inside at the time of the fire. The firefighter who extinguished the flames was not hurt.

The State Fire Marshal, New Ulm Fire Department and Police Department were all present at the scene. Herb Knutson was not at home when the fire broke out. He was on vacation at the time the fire broke out. Becky Portner, General Manager, stated that the kitchen and waitress stations were completely destroyed. Significant smoke damage was also done to the restaurant and bar sides of the building. A layer of soot covers all the interior spaces. The Lamplighter is currently evaluating the next steps.

The Lamplighter in New Ulm is Closed After a Fire broke out in the kitchen
Scroll to top
error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this: