If you’re in the metalworking industry, you know that there are many ways to manipulate metal to achieve the desired result. It can be bent and stretched and used to create or support just about anything. The trick is knowing what tools to use. Employing quality tools and tooling systems is a convenient way to get the job done with efficiency.
Let’s Get Turning
Pipe turning applications aim to eliminate vibration and lateral movement. The tools you use must deliver vibration-free and tunable boring and turning to ensure accurate internal and external dimensions.
Vibration-free boring bars eliminate the cause of vexation as concerns turning operations. Because vibration issues are hard to diagnose, you end up making adjustments and trying to fix the problem. Combining this boring bar style with bolt-on heads enhances the bar’s stiffness and dampens out the chatter.
Thread cutting involves taps and dies. Threading is the process of creating a screw head and more of these are produced every year than any other machine component.
Another way to describe threading is grooves and ridges wrapped around a cylindrical metal shaft. A thread cutting calculator is an online tool by which metalworkers can get help pinning down specifications for thread cutting applications. Threading tools include the following:
- Thread-cutting abrasive disks
- Thread-milling cutters
- Thread cutters
- Threading taps
- Threading dies
Check Out These 6 Formidable Metalworking Tools
- Die grinders are hand-held rotary tools that are used for things like polishing, sanding, grinding and honing metal. They are versatile and are used by autobody workers, sheet metal workers, millrights and welders.
- Press brakes are machine pressing tools for bending sheet metal and plate material. They are for small or large applications and are a must-have for anybody bending, shaping or working with sheet metal.
- A drill press is used to ensure accuracy when drilling into metal. Due to its design, it is able to cut at precise angles to the workpiece. It can also make holes with the same dimensions as many times as you need it to, with each coming out as a perfect mimicry of the previous one.
- A chop-saw for metal is perfect for cutting metal to specific lengths and angles. It is incredibly versatile and can be used in various fabricating endeavors. Besides being accurate and powerful, it is small enough to transport.
- Milling machines are used for removing material from a workpiece using rotary cutters. They have a range of speeds and pressure options and can be used for small parts as well as large, heavy-duty jobs. Milling machines are used often on flat or irregularly shaped surfaces to drill, bore, cut gears, threads and slots.
- Bench grinders are grinding machines that drive abrasive wheels and excel at grinding and sharpening metal. They are often used in welding to shape metal before it is affixed. Any metalworking facility needs a reliable bench grinder to keep its tools sharp.
Metalworking is consistently being informed by the new tools that make the work easier, more consistent and more convenient. Just as Blue Box shipping ensures maximum performance, the right metalworking tools maximize your fabricating metal capabilities. Check out an online machine parts store to see what kind of metal fabricating tools are out there.