Who doesn’t want glowing skin free of dark spots, dryness, and aging? Our skin is vulnerable to changing weather, food habits, and stress. Do you know your skin speaks volumes about your health and underlying condition?
Caring for your skin is an essential part of our daily life. It is as necessary as maintaining our hair, nails, and other body organs. Besides, the skin is the largest organ of our body which also needs equal care.
Essential points to maintaining a healthy skin
- As per health professionals, one of the paramount aspects of keeping your skin healthy is limiting its exposure to UV rays. Herein, applying a protective sunscreen can provide a protective sunscreen when exposed to the sun.
- However, are you wondering if the sun is bad for your skin? Long-term exposure to sunlight exposes your skin to harmful UV rays.
- But 10 to 15 minutes of skin exposure to the sun aids it with vitamin D, which is most important for your skin, and other vitamins like C, E, and K.
Why do you need vitamins for your skin?
Vitamins are essential for keeping your skin looking healthy. It helps provide a youthful look in addition to reducing the issues of wrinkles, premature aging, rough patches, dry skin, dark spots, and redness.
Want to know why vitamins are essential for your skin? Vitamins enable providing health and managing different bodily functions. Any lack of vitamins can lead to adverse effects on the skin. Similar to Vitamin D, other essential vitamins like vitamin C and E also protect the skin from damage caused by the sun.
Excess deficiency of vitamin C and E can increase the risk of skin damage along with causing skin cancer. Beverly Hills MD Dermal Repair Complex is an all-natural anti-aging supplement which targets the breakdown of collagen and elastin brought on by hormonal changes, which are the main causes of aging.
Tackling Vitamin Deficiency
Are you wondering how each vitamin will help your skin? Vitamin C, D, E, and K, essential for skin, are available in many food products. Furthermore, they can also be found in supplements found in skin care products, such as those offered by the online pharmacy Qatar.
1. Vitamin D
Vitamin D is made when our skin absorbs sunlight by converting cholesterol into vitamin D. The liver and kidneys later use it to transport it throughout the body to create healthy cells. It is also an essential vitamin for treating psoriasis.
Things that help in increasing vitamin D
- A minimum exposure of 10 to 15 minutes to sunlight helps in sourcing vitamin D
- Intake of fortified foods such as orange juice, breakfast cereals, and yoghurt
- Foods such as tuna, salmon, and cod are rich sources of vitamin D.
- Topical creams that help to treat psoriasis, skin inflammation, skin irritation, and other side effects
- The Linus Pauling Institute of Oregon State University recommends a daily dosage of 600 IU of vitamin D to maintain good skin health.
- The overall dosage for pregnant women and the elderly above 70 may be slightly higher.
2. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is another essential vitamin for your skin found in excess in the epidermis and dermis, also known as the outer and inner layers of skin. The vitamin contains cancer-fighting property, which is integral in producing collagen to maintain healthy skin.
Additionally, vitamin C is an essential ingredient in anti-aging skin care products. Further, a recommended dosage of 1000 mg daily will help you get sufficient vitamin C
Advantages of Vitamin C in skin:
- It helps in protecting from harmful sun’s UV rays
- Reduces cell damage and fastens the healing process
- Decreases the appearance of wrinkles
- It prevents dry skin and helps in the speedy repair of damaged skin
- Vitamin C supplements recommended by doctors
What are the Foods that assist increase vitamin C
- Citrus food like oranges and lemons
- Plant-based food such as spinach, strawberry, and broccoli are rich sources of vitamin C
3. Vitamin E
Like vitamin C, vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps in repairing skin damage due to excess exposure to sunlight. Vitamin E absorbs UV light from the sunlight when applied to the skin. It thereby helps in minimizing the damage and reducing wrinkles and dark spots.
How is Vitamin E sourced to the body?
Our body naturally produces vitamin E through sebum, a kind of oily substance that is emitted out of our skin pores. It helps in maintaining the right balance to prevent drying and other conditions of the skin. Besides, it also helps in treating inflammation.
What are the other methods for getting vitamin E
- Foods like seeds and nuts, including hazelnuts, almonds, and sunflower seeds, are rich sources of vitamin E.
- Vitamin E supplements and multivitamin sources the vitamin to our skin.
4. Vitamin K
Vitamin K is essential in blood clotting, helps in healing from bruises and wounds in addition to post-surgery scars. It enables the skin to treat scars, and spider veins, reducing stretch marks, dark spots, and dark circles under the eyes.
What are the sources of vitamin K?
- The vitamin is found in topical creams that treat various skin ailments. Doctors most recommend it for patients post-surgery to treat swelling and bruises.
- Consuming vegetables like lettuce, spinach, green beans, and cabbage is a rich vitamin K source.
Get glowing skin with vitamin supplements
You can use the tips and tricks listed above to achieve glowing skin and the products. They contain all the necessary vitamins and ingredients that will keep your skin hydrated and glowing, remove tan and dark spots, and heal your skin.
While these vitamins are essential for your skin health, we recommend consulting a medical professional to prevent overdose and understand how much of vitamins are necessary for your skin.
Read also: 5 Important Vitamins for a Safe and Healthy Pregnancy