Maybe you’ve tried to paint your own nails and smudged them using your phone before they fully dried, or maybe you have gone all the way to the nail salon across town and spent $50 on a set of gel nails you didn’t even end up liking very much. Everyone has been there, struggling to get the perfect manicure. Thankfully, semi cured gel nails are here to save the day! Not only will you be able to achieve a flawless manicure in no time, but you’ll find that they are super easy to apply, too!
Table of Contents
What are Semi Cured Gel Nails?
In order to finally get that easy and cute manicure, we first have to know what exactly semi cured gel nails are. Semi cured gel nails are thin strips of 60% cured gel nail polish. Being 60% cured is the sweet spot for semi cured gel nails. This exact percentage ensures that the nails are just flexible enough to easily peel them off the nail sheet and mold them to your own nails. No need to worry about tearing or breaking semi cured gel nails; they are sturdy and ready to fit each nail perfectly!
What Do I Need to Apply Semi Cured Gel Nails?
Before you get started on applying your semi cured gel nails, you will need a few items. Most of these you should already have around your house. Some items you’ll need are:
- Nail clippers
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton balls or cotton rounds
- A USB port to plug in your ohora Gel Lamp
- An ohora semi cured gel nail kit
In each nail kit, you’ll find that a nail file and wooden stick are included. The nail file is used to perfect the size and shape of your nails, and the wooden stick is used to push back your cuticles and clean your nails if needed.
Another pro tip: if you have long hair, make sure to tie or pin back your hair before you get started applying your gel nails. The last thing you’ll want to deal with when you are in the middle of your manicure is getting hair out of your face!
Are Semi Cured Gel Nails Easy to Apply?
Semi cured gel nails are very easy to apply! Once you receive your semi cured gel nail kit, the first step is to peel the gel nails from the sheet and press them onto your own nails. Each kit comes with 15 different sizes of nails, so there is no need to worry about whether the gel nails will fit your nail bed.
Now that the gel nails have been applied, it’s time to shorten them down to the right length. Nail clippers work best for shortening the nails a lot. Once you have the gel nails to approximately the right length, you can then use a nail file to make all the edges and curves just right for you. To ensure the perfect fit, each semi cured gel nail kit includes a nail file, so don’t sweat it if you don’t already own a file! Remember: semi cured gel nails are the secret to easy manicures.
In no time at all, your gel nails will be clipped and filed down to just the right size for you. Now, it’s time to finish the curing process! In other words, it’s time to make our semi cured gel nails fully cured and hardened. This is where your ohora Gel Lamp will come in handy.
How Do I Use the Gel Lamp?
Do you remember how we mentioned that semi cured gel nails are easy to apply? The same goes for using the ohora Gel Lamp. There are three simple steps for fully curing your gel nails.
- First, set up your Gel Lamp by plugging the USB cable into the lamp and into a device or outlet with a USB port. This could be your laptop or a similar device.
- Secondly, set the curing time on your Gel Lamp. If you want to cure for 45 seconds, then press the button on the lamp once. If you want to cure for 60 seconds, press the button twice. This step is clearly laid out in the instructions manual in case you forget! After the curing time is completed, the lamp light will turn off automatically.
- Finally, it is time to cure your gel nails. You will place the gel nails under the lamp between one to three times. This depends on the type of design you get. For example, if you choose a nail design with sequins or gems, it might take longer to cure than a simple solid color gel nail kit.
Your nails are fully cured! Woohoo! This means that they have fully hardened, and you’ll have a flawless manicure for up to 14 days.
Semi cured gel nails are the best way to get an easy and cute manicure. Not only are they easy to apply and perfect, but ohora has so many cute designs and colors to choose from. You will definitely find the design and color that is perfect for you. Goodbye, messy and stressful nail polish. Hello, easy and cute semi cured gel nails!