Contact lenses with a high prescription are for those who have nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism.
Blurred vision, difficulty recognizing objects at a distance, and headaches are all common signs that you need to use high-power prescription lenses. You’ll probably need glasses or contact lenses with a very high prescription especially if you have astigmatism.
However, if you don’t want to wear glasses, here are the top five reasons some individuals prefer to wear contact lenses for high prescriptions and astigmatism.
Contact Lenses vs. Glasses
Contact lenses remove the need to be conscious of your glasses all of the time. Click here to learn more about this. Meanwhile, here is a list of more reasons to choose contact lenses over glasses:
- It’s a typical irritation to misplace prescription glasses.
- It is possible to avoid frames slipping down your nose or leaving marks on your nose and ears.
- Sweat can make it easier for frames to slide down your nose in hot, humid weather.
- For many people, reading without glasses is a huge benefit.
- Contact lenses make wearing special glasses to see 3-D movies easier.
- Glasses are prone to fogging, especially in the winter.
- Even a few raindrops on eyeglass lenses might cause visual problems. When it rains, contact lenses feature lid wipers to keep vision clear.
More Natural Vision
In comparison to spectacles, contact lenses provide a more natural vision. Spectacle frames restrict your field of vision. For example, contact lenses’ larger field of view makes driving safer.
Contact lenses eliminate the problems associated with poor vision when looking up, down, or to the side, as they move with your eyes and keep your focus in front of your pupil.
They also have the advantage of providing superior vision for short-sighted patients since images are more prominent. Contact lenses balance the image sizes when the eyes demand different powers. Better balance can help the eyes work better and provide better vision.
For patients with high astigmatism, contact lenses improve side vision. They can also correct color vision deficits.
Contact lenses are compatible with any outfit because they provide you with the option of changing your eye color. Since contact lenses allow others to see your eyes, they do not distract from your natural appearance. Also, prescription sunglasses are not cheap, and fashion sunglasses look better than prescription sunglasses when worn over contact lenses.
On the other hand, spectacle lenses can be relatively thick, making your eyes appear larger or smaller than they are. Since spectacle lenses and frames do not disguise the effects made by eye make-up, it sticks out more.
Work and Sports
Contact lenses are also convenient to use when working or when doing sports. Here’s a list of reasons why you should use contact lenses during work or when playing sports, especially if you have high power prescription:
- Contact lenses are superior for job circumstances that demand eye protection. Under safety goggles or welding masks, for example, they will fit better than spectacle frames.
- Contact lenses make using viewers in cameras, microscopes, and binoculars easier.
- Contact lenses allow you to participate in sports without worrying about losing or breaking your glasses.
- Contact lenses that improve side vision can be a huge help in any sport.
- Playing snooker, billiards, or pool is significantly easier with clear cue vision in lenses.
- For outdoor activities like hiking and climbing, contact lenses are more convenient.
- Cyclists who ride race bikes with their heads down find that wearing contact lenses improves their vision.
- Contact lenses make water skiing much safer since they enable crisper, splatter-free vision.
Thanks to a wide selection of materials, fit, and varieties, your chances of success with contact lenses have never been better. Aside from the reasons mentioned above, here are more reasons why you should choose contact lenses for general use:
- Some contact lenses can slow down the progression of short-sightedness.
- Contact lenses can be used part-time, such as during sports, with daily disposable lenses.
- Many contact lenses can give UV protection, especially when sunglasses are impossible to wear.
- Contact lenses that cure far-sightedness increase eyesight for applying make-up.
- Soft contact lenses prevent irritation from cigarette smoke.
- In dusty environments, soft contact lenses give some protection.
Most people these days can wear contacts as frequently as they want, even if they prefer wearing glasses as their primary vision corrector, thanks to developments in contact lens technology.
As a result, whether to wear contacts or glasses — and when to wear them — is usually a personal choice.
If you wear contact lenses full-time, you may also need to keep a current pair of glasses in case you need to remove your contact lenses due to an eye infection or irritation or wish to rest your eyes.
|Like, share, and tag a friend who would also love to read this. Visit Updated Ideas regularly to get updates on new posts!|