We all want to watch our favorite shows on a big screen. Without any doubt, it enhances the delightful experience of a movie night or a serial marathon. This is why casting your device is a handy option.
Amazon Fire Stick is one of the most popular streaming devices. It’s very easy to set up and use. The Fire Stick has a variety of options that make it a very exciting streaming device. It supports not only a range of apps from the Amazon store but also different third-party apps.
The Amazon Fire Stick allows viewing your mobile or laptop screen on your television. Alongside these, it also has outstanding voice search and parental control features. But the most exciting part, and the mainstay of this article, the casting feature enables you to watch your favorite content from your smartphone or computer to the big screen.
However, the procedure to cast can differ depending on the model and type of your device. It is, for example, comparatively easy to set up through a PC or laptop than an iOS device. Nevertheless, there is nothing to worry about. This article will surely make it a cakewalk for you. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to cast to different devices.
Keep in mind that some users may also experience lag or buffering issues when they cast to an Amazon Fire Stick. Although chances of that happening are low, you can read several fixes on FireStickTricks to seek out help.
Preparing to Cast to your Amazon Fire TV Stick
Casting is an inbuilt feature on your PCs and Android devices but requires third-party software for iOS devices. Remember to enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your devices before casting.
A smart option is to restart your computer before setting up Bluetooth. When casting, ensure your devices are in thirty-meter proximity to one another.
1. Casting to your Fire Stick from a PC
Use the windows action center to cast to the fire stick and follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the icon on the amazon fire TV controller for around three seconds.
- From the tab that shows up, select “Mirroring.” This will open a “Display Mirroring Screen.”
- Next, select the small square icon you see on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Look for and select the “Connect” option in the tab that opens.
- Select your Fire TV device from the drop-down menu, where it might be listed as Fire TV by default.
- A tab that says “Preparing to mirror the display from your device to your Fire TV” will appear on your TV screen. This will then allow the media on your PC to be cast to your TV.
Keep in mind that while still on the Display Mirroring Interface, Alexa will not have any access to your device’s features. For instance, you will have to delay instructing Alexa to put something on Fire TV. Unless you hit a controller key to dismiss the page, the Fire TV Stick will be in mirror status.
2. Casting to Fire TV Stick from an Android Device
Android devices come with an inbuilt feature to cast to a Fire TV. However, the steps through which you would cast could be different depending on your device’s settings. Follow the general steps mentioned below:
- Hold the “Home” key for about three seconds through your Amazon Fire TV controller. Select “Mirroring,” and a “Display Mirroring Screen” will show up.
- Open “Settings” from your android device’s home screen.
- Depending on your device model, look up either the “cast” or “Screen Mirroring” option and select it.
- Now slide down from your screen top and right swipe until you can see “SmartView.”
- This displays a list of available devices. Select “Fire TV” or the name you have assigned your Fire TV Stick.
You can then tap “Start Now,” and your android screen will be cast to your Fire TV Stick in a few seconds. Look for a key on your controller to exit the Display Mirroring interface.
3. Casting to Fire Stick from an iOS Device
The procedure of emulating from iOS to Fire TV is fairly simple. Most of the time, all you have to do is download the appropriate app on each gadget, connect them, and begin casting.
- As mentioned above, press and hold the home key on your controller for three seconds and select “Apps” from the tab that shows up.
- Choose Appstore and type into search. You can also conduct a voice search by pressing and holding the controller’s microphone button for three seconds.
- Select an app that you wish to download.
- Open the app to get started. One way that many applications allow is to scan the QR code from your iOS camera.
- Now on your iOS device, select “Entire Screen” from the tab that shows up with the screen type options you wish to share.
Doing this makes the directions for casting from your iOS device show up on the screen. The casting can be done any time the third-party app is running.
- Scroll down from the upper right corner of your iOS device and select “Screen Mirroring” from the menu.
- Select the “AirPlay” for your iOS screen to cast to your Fire TV Stick.
Read also: Common TV Problems and How to Fix Them
|Like, share, and tag a friend who would also love to read this. Visit Updated Ideas regularly to get updates on new posts!|