Somebody once told me that the new is the well-forgotten old. For example, fashion is cyclical. The style of the 90s was popular a few years ago. So why not use your old content? Don’t just copy and paste, but update it and give it new life. This method will most likely not work with the custom essay writing service, but bloggers and content managers can use it. It is convenient, but do not forget that this kind of content cannot become the main one for your page/site. It’s also important to note that you can only update and repackage your content.
Every content manager has probably faced this situation: how to generate content if the topic has exhausted itself? How to save money and time on creating content and not lose traffic with audience coverage? Use repackaging – changing old content for a new format, presenting an idea from the other side with a slight change in meaning.
Why should you update old articles?
The editors of marketing blogs have conducted a research process that proves:
- If you remove the post date of the post, organic traffic will grow by an average of 10%.
- If you update the publication date of the old post, without changing anything else or posting links on social networks, organic traffic will grow by 66% on average over the next month.
- If you refresh your post and promote it again, your monthly organic traffic will grow by 106% on average, and the number of generated leads will double.
It will happen if:
- Before actualization, the post must bring at least minimal organic traffic from search engines.
- It should take at least two months from publishing to updating a post.
What does repackaging give?
- Saving time. Repackaging finished content is easier than creating new content.
- It helps to save money. Repackaging is cheaper than new copyright content.
- It expands the audience coverage. By serving the same repackaged content on different sites, you can attract more audiences that are more focused on a specific category of people.
- Increase in traffic. By serving content in a new format, you keep the interest of regular visitors who continue to remain on your resource. And you get a new audience that did not know about your site before.
How to repackage content
- Use the principle of “syndication” – republishing content on another resource. For example, your site has a great overview article on building materials for interior decoration. Make a little squeeze of the main one out of it and publish it on the website for the sale of apartments. Potential buyers thinking about renovation after buying an apartment may be interested in your link. It will not only bring new visitors to your site, but it will also be beneficial for SEO promotion.
- Arrange guest posts. You post articles on a third-party resource and do a repost on your site. In this case, you post the same article on two websites, and the search engine does not consider it a duplicate.
- Combine content and make selections from it. Make short notes that will hook your readers and redirect them with links to previous main articles. Already ready-made content about building materials from the example above can be presented as “budget repair of your home” or “DIY repair”. Alternatively, you can make temporary collections: collect articles on one topic, made in a week or a month. Or make a guide to old publications under some general idea. “How to choose building materials” – and send links to primary sources.
- Complement the source material and engage the audience in the discussion. The activity on the page will pull it up in the search results.
- Contrast, compare content. You can do it based on your articles and articles from other resources. For example, you select from third-party resources two articles with different approaches to the same topic, indicating the primary sources. Thus, you give a reason to start a discussion on your site. And if it turns out to be interesting, your article can be re-posted by other resources.
- Change the approach to the presentation of the article. Convert a long read into short social media posts or mailing lists with a link to the full version. Select individual essential blocks.
- Redesign the article as a presentation or cards, add a video. Add podcasts. The soundtrack will diversify the content and attract audiences. Create an infographic based on the data in your article. Prepare your video.
- Update the article. Update the data by adding a comparison with the conclusions “as it was – as it was”, replace the pictures, add new links.
- Repack the article into a checklist. From the description of building materials, review “10 options for renovating your kitchen.”
- Reformat your content for specific purposes. Create a series of courses based on the articles. Change the format to Q&A.
Read Also: Content Marketing Trends in 2021